Freeloader (اش خور)
Human Wave Attacks in the Iran-Iraq War
http://www.indopedia.org/Iran-Iraq_war.html

The Iran Iraq confilct spawned a particularly gruesome variant of the "Human Wave" attack. The Iranian clergy rejected professional military doctrine because they felt that God endorsed their struggle. This could also have been because they had no professional military training and a lack of modern weapons. Pasdaran forces and Basij volunteers as young as 9 years old were used to sweep over over minefields and entrenched positions developed by the more professional Iraqi military opposition. The Iranians lacked the equipment to breach Iraqi minefields and were not willing to risk their small tank force. Therefore unarmed human-wave tatics, often involving children who were apparently considered expendable, were employed. One East European journalist reports seeing "tens of thousands of children, roped together in groups of about 20 to prevent the faint-hearted from deserting, make such an attack." It has been suggested that girls were more commonly used for frontline mine clearance, and boys for unarmed "assaults". The children were reportedly issued with a special "Paradise Key" as a symbol of martyrdom by the Mullahs.

Who can tell me these are ture in the war ? :think:

us
Major (سرگرد)
I posted a thread similar to this one which generated some good responses.

ir
Captain (سروان)
I did not see any children rope together during the war. Issuing the paradise key to children, even adults is just a B.S. I myself did not get any key and whoever I knew in the war didn't get any either.

Freeloader (اش خور)
One thing which many Iranians want to deny is the use of child soldiers during the Iran Iraq war. Children were used to clear minefields during the Iran Iraq war, my cousin was a child soldier and he saw it with his own eyes. He lost both his legs, his left arm and his right eye clearing a minefield.

Yes, it is true that children were not forced to fight in the front and in some battalions some of the officers refused to send the child volunteers over the top BUT, children were still used in the great defence. It is naive to argue the point that a child of 10 years old can make his own logical decision. Children of that age are easy influenced and manipulated.

I come from a family who sacrificed two members on the front and more than 10 in bombings in Kurdistan by the Iraqis. When my father was a teacher he remembers clearly when members of the Basij came to his school to recruit children to the front promising them heaven if they became shaheed. My father went up to one of the Basijis and asked him; "do you have any children?" The Basiji replied; "Yes I do, I have 3 sons and 1 daughter". My father then asked him; "How old is the oldest one?" The Basiji replied "11" and my father asked him "do you think you're 11 year old son is responsible enough for you to let him out of your house, for him to fend for himself, to find work, feed himself, pay his rent, pay his bills and be safe all by himself?" The Basij replied "Of course not! He is only 11!" My father then asked him "How would you feel if they just announced that your son had been captured by the Iraqis and was getting raped, tortured and was then killed? The Basiji went white in the face and couldn't reply. My father told him "Just the thought of these happening to your child is killing you. How can you expect your 11 year old son to make his own logical decision to fight at the front? You yourself cannot stomach your own son going to the front, so why are you here trying to recruit my students to fight for the front. Stop recruiting, you are of strong mental and physical state to volunteer yourself to go to the front. You have completed 2 years of military training in the Shah's army, why are you not there at the front?" The Basij didn't reply and left the school.

The next day my father was arrested for anti-IRI activities, because he dissuaded the Basiji from brainwashing children to fight in our sacred war.

13 year old Iranian fights against Saddam in the Iran-Iraq War

Iranians' Patriotism During Iran- Iraq War

14 year old Iranian soldier ([url=http://www.IranNegah.com]www.IranNegah.com)[/url]

A child begging to volunteer for the front and being dissuaded by fellow Iranians who had enough sense that the front line was not the place of a child;

Iranian Child Begging to Volunteer in Iran-Iraq War

Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 01:46:42 AM by AryanFire

Freeloader (اش خور)
One of my uncles who died during the imposed war.
Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 02:06:20 PM by AryanFire

S.M. Sergeant (استوار دوم)
I was there for 2 years and there was not one child in the front lines.
Where there were childern involved in the fighting was in the towns and villages close to borders were they would get involved in the fighting without anyone "brain washing" them.

For anyone to say there was systomatic brain washing to bring the kids in to the war is a load of bull.
There are times like these where the resolve of a Nation is shown clearly to the world. Oh this great Nation of Iran together with its proud citizens showed the world that when the Silent Majority gets rattled the world better pay attention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ls4I37lQrw&feature=player_embedded#at=42  2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbYqckFvUJI&feature=player_embedded   2010

=======================================
This brings back sooooo much memory and tears to my eyes.
http://www.iranclip.com/player/169

rouz
Obviously this Aryanfire has an agenda. He makes outrageous claims and runs off without addressing the response. I have several retired military men in my family and they find claims such as his absurd. There was certainly no lack of volunteers and no one - especially not the young - was directly forced to do anything.

Now let us also put things in perspective. Military training is to a large extent mental conditioning. Soldiers are to follow orders. If we are to speak about coercion (directly or indirectly) then all action taken by a group of soldiers during wartime could be labeled as such.

People refused gas mask during chemical attacks for the benefit of their comrades with wifes and children, pilots undertook missions they knew were suicidal and, yes, people walked across minefields. Indirectly these actions could be perceived as coerced through military training and religious/ social ideals.

Freeloader (اش خور)
Barberry, I do not have an agenda, I have given you evidence filmed by IRI (so please look at the youtube videos) that there were child soldiers on the front line.

My own cousin was a child soldier who cleared some mines.

Some people gave their gas masks to those with wives and children, but most of the chemical gas masks we bought were from North Korea which were not designed for Middle Easterners and did not fit properly. Also because many of our brave soldiers wore beards, the masks did not fit well against the skin and the small areas exposed led the to gas masks being useless.

My own dai was victim of nerve gas in Mosiyan Susangerd and my amoo, which you can see the posted picture, died from shrapnel.

I am telling the truth and I have shown evidence.
Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 11:30:54 AM by AryanFire

Master Sergeant (گروهبان)
This happens in all prolonged wars, when the factions/nations are lucky to have a highly motivated population. This is no pure Iranian phenomena. Its no secret that Iran had manpower issues during the latter part of the Iran-Iraq war.

Vahdat, Moghavemat, Ezzat
ir
Colonel (سرهنگ)
Barberry, I do not have an agenda, I have given you evidence filmed by IRI (so please look at the youtube videos) that there were child soldiers on the front line.

Yes. By choice! Matter of fact they would even run away to join the front lines!
Ya Ali, molla Ali (as)

"There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance" - Imam Ali (as)

"''melate ma neshan dade'ast ke be hadaf haye khod momen, va dar rahe on, ta nesar'e jaan eestade'ast.. chenin melati, az america va az hiiich ghodrati nemitars'ad, va be yaari'e khoda neshan khahad daad ke pirooz az on' e hagh, va momenan be hagh ast!"

- Rahbar'e moazzam'e Enghlab'e Islami Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei

There are times like these where the resolve of a Nation is shown clearly to the world. Oh this great Nation of Iran together with its proud citizens showed the world that when the Silent Majority gets rattled the world better pay attention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ls4I37lQrw&feature=player_embedded#at=42  2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbYqckFvUJI&feature=player_embedded   2010

=======================================
This brings back sooooo much memory and tears to my eyes.
http://www.iranclip.com/player/169

Yeah that mine clearing theory is just BS propaganda. I was commenting on generally the ordinariness for use of children in war when a army have manpower issues.

al
There is no such thing as a war without innocent people dieing, ever, least of all a war in which your nation is threatened with chemical annihilation.
The world is truly backwards. Courage and devotion are now evil because they simply offend western "civilized" sensibilities.
It must be flattering Iran, standing alone, is held to such high standards that other nations would scoff at, if applied to them.
I sincerely hope the world continues to forever hold Iran to much higher standards in all fields, morally, scientifically, in warfare, &c.. I couldn't imagine myself in their place, they put me to shame. The iron people of Iran deserve higher standards.

"The sword is victorious over money, the master-will subdues again the plunderer-will. . . A power can be overthrown only by another power, not by a principle, and only one power that can confront money is left. Money is overthrown and abolished by blood. Life is alpha and omega . . . It is the fact of facts within the world-as-history."

- Oswald Spengler
Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 01:18:02 AM by Apollyon

lol, its weird i know. When did survival become a crime, right?

pk
Private (E-2) (سرباز دوم)
lol, its weird i know. when did defending one's self become a crime, right?

ir
Corporal (سرجوخه)
"It must be flattering Iran, standing alone, is held to such high standards that other nations would scoff at, if applied to them. "

Good point.

Freeloader (اش خور)

It is not a crime to defend your own country, but it is not reasonable to let children under the age of 16 to fight at the battle front. Despite showing you all numerous photos and videos of child soldiers during the Iran-Iraq war, some of you here do not want to believe this fact.

Iran will win
mh
Women and children have fought in many different wars in the world !  From Vietnam to the Arab- Usraeli war to WWII to Iran-Iraq war to Afghan war to Iraq civil war ................ :think:
Marshall islands . Where the sun shines the brightest .

Freeloader (اش خور)
nomad, that is true, I am provind evidence that it happened during the Iran Iraq war, contrary what people on this forum are saying.

AryanFire: Some are saying that you are exaggerating the subject to measures usually used as propaganda. Some others have been there themselves and say you are exaggerating, being selective and taking things out of context. Others say you have an agenda. Pick your choice...

Defender of Justice
ir
2nd Brig. general (سرتیب دوم)

It is not a crime to defend your own country, but it is not reasonable to let children under the age of 16 to fight at the battle front. Despite showing you all numerous photos and videos of child soldiers during the Iran-Iraq war, some of you here do not want to believe this fact.
First of all the age of adulthood for a boy in Islam is 15 y/o, second of all, no child was ever forced to join the military, nor to be at the front... and quite definitely not forced or even asked to walk on any mine field.

The brave young men that did fight at the front, did so without being asked and in all cases were told to return a billion times... but wanted to come anyway. In some rare cases where they did make sacrifices.... they're well recorded as heroes (e.g. Hossein Fahmideh):

A lot of young men fought at the front.... that is not the issue here... the issue is that we've never told kids or whoever to run across any mine field.

'Which of the favors of your Lord will you deny' - Al Rahman
za
Corporal (سرجوخه)
Obviously this is BS generated in the West to demonise the IRI in the eyes of the world. They now using Green Farts to spread this propaganda.
None of you is a believer until he loves for his brother that which he loves for himself - The last Messenger

Vahdat, Moghavemat, Ezzat
ir
Colonel (سرهنگ)
My uncle was 14 when he went to the front lines, he ran away from home and forged his documents to say he's 18, i believe. I have his pictures, but because they are personal i'm not too willing to post them just yet.

There was nothing my grandmother could do, but pray for his safe return. There was a point where both of my uncles and my grandfather, all were at the front lines.  He returned with a shrapnel wound to his abdomen and a piece of shrapnel dislodged in his head (brain) which can not be removed without the possibility of causing his death. He falls into seizures regularly due to this.  He actually ran away from the hospital too, to go home.

The men who fought in the war, are some of the bravest men on this planet!

I know perfectly well how the west is lying regarding this, which is sad. What saddens me is that some Iranians help them to propagate this great lie.
Ya Ali, molla Ali (as)

"There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance" - Imam Ali (as)

"''melate ma neshan dade'ast ke be hadaf haye khod momen, va dar rahe on, ta nesar'e jaan eestade'ast.. chenin melati, az america va az hiiich ghodrati nemitars'ad, va be yaari'e khoda neshan khahad daad ke pirooz az on' e hagh, va momenan be hagh ast!"

- Rahbar'e moazzam'e Enghlab'e Islami Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei

al
Iranians should organize to disseminate truth about Iran on other internet fora.

The internet allows you to reach out to whole populations, even one comment, in response to a recent bit of misinformation posted somewhere in some relatively-frequently visited forum, if the comment is well researched, properly sourced, that corrects the misconception that is being propagated, can enlighten many people. Just one such comment.

We, ourselves, can correct misconceptions on Iran and Hezbollah. Maybe even make friends of foreign cultures online. Over the internet, we don't require some inherited control over news medias like the Jewish communities in the west. Iranians can spread truth wherever lies are found.

Anyone who fought in the war deserves the utmost respect, and honor, no matter what their age. They defended Iran,and that takes priority in this issue.
"The sword is victorious over money, the master-will subdues again the plunderer-will. . . A power can be overthrown only by another power, not by a principle, and only one power that can confront money is left. Money is overthrown and abolished by blood. Life is alpha and omega . . . It is the fact of facts within the world-as-history."

- Oswald Spengler
Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 08:35:02 AM by Apollyon

Freeloader (اش خور)
Can people stop putting words in my mouth, when did I say children were forced, I said children under the age of 16 should not have been allowed to the front in my opinion.