(1) Use chassis of tank ( without turret ) or APC and convert to missile launcher. With
updated Toophan TV guided. Attack from bunker at foothill of mountain into flat land of
tank and at short range ( 10 km max ). Deploy smoke and return to base under cover of
smoke. Keep tracked vehicle because cheap. Bigger vehicle allow upto 8 Toophan. Crew of
3 or 4 allow salvo shooting. There is enough armour against 30 mm and 50 cal and shrapnel
of unguided rocket of helicopter. Smoke provide cover against everything if wind is right
! Can be done in next 1-2 years. Cost low to medium. Main cost is bunkers. Smoke
generation equipment and update of Toophan relatively cheaper .Effectiveness and outcome
(2) Build completely new plastic chassis ( smaller vehicle ) with attack from open position
in desert under camo. Use kevlar and composite for armour. Use Kornet or Spiral missile.
Use solid rubber tyre to be quiet. Have electric drive for attack. Range of operation
bigger as no need for bunker. Use 2 missile per vehicle. Or two man crew. More research
needed into kevlar and composite against 30 mm and 50 cal. Cost of new vehicles and buying
foriegn missile higher. Effectiveness and outcome higher pending effectiveness and cost of
(3) Sink more money into research for unmanned ground vehicle. With unknown outcome at
unknown time. May be we end up with something really good in what number of years ? With
high risk and high capital needed.
Let us call (1) a "Missile Tank". I suggest the following features for new turret less
1) The tank's armor has to be made of metal alloy, but covered by Stealth plastic to hide
it from enemy Air Plane's Radar.
2) Missile Tank is heavy tank, so it can not use Electric Engine. It can be easily detected
in Infra Red Thermal spectrum by enemy's Air Planes.
3) Features that will be removed from "Missile Tank" to make it lighter and have faster
- Main Tank's Gun.
(Because Sabot rounds can not penetrate the latest tanks armor. Missile pods will be used
instead of Main Tank's Gun).
- Turret with Crew.
(Crew will sit in tank's body. This position offers more protection. Turret will be
robotic, without the crew. Smaller robotic turret size will reduce turret's armor weight).
- Autoloading mechanism in tank's turret.
(Missiles do not need to be auto loaded into missile pods. Missiles are always in the
- Tank Commander.
(Tank Commander will become Optional second gunner. To man a tank's machine gun + grenade
launcher. Optimal tank crew is 2 people, driver and first gunner. Seat of second gunner is there but empty).
4) Features that will be added to Missile Tank to make it more lethal.
- Anti Infantry grenade launcher. Added to tank's machine gun.
(To suppress enemy's infantry by 40 mm HE rounds).
- Horizontal Missile pods. Attached on top of tank's robotic turret. 20 missile pods.
(2 missiles can be placed in 1 pod. It is called Metal Storm technology. So 20 missile pods
will carry 40 missiles. Both HEAT and HE type.)
- Laser guiding systems, Thermal scanners, paired. Attached on 3 extendable masts. (Laser
guidence is used to guide the missiles. Missiles can also be launched in guidless mode.
Thermal scanner is used by gunners and driver to detect targets).
- Vertical Missile pods. Attached in vertical position to tank's body. Used as small
version of S-300 Anti Air missiles.
(At least 4 (2 on the left, 2 on the right side of tank) Anti Air missiles are placed into
tank's body to defend against enemy's Air Planes. Range is 80 kilometers).
- Small Phased Array Radar. Extendable from tank's body behind the turret.
(80 kilometers range of detection. Can detect enemy's Air Planes and tanks).
- Advanced Multi Layer Armor. Advance Armor will protect tank from all directions equally.
Top, bottom, sides, front. Advanced Armor is the heaviest feature of Missile Tank.
(ERA, (Steel + Ceramic + Plastic + Titan) x 4. Multi Layers repeated 4 times. Tank's bottom is V-shaped, reduces blast power of IED and anti tank mine. Tank's bottom is also armored by Multi Layer Armor.)
- Special Forces compartment.
(Diesel Engine is at front of tank. Crew sits in the middle. At the back of tank sits a
Special Forces squad. 4 people. So Missile Tank can act as APC. The door to enter the tank
is at the back, for both crew and Special Forces squad).
- 4 tank's trucks (instead of 2). 2 on each side.
(Increases tank's mobility in wet terrain. Also small door between trucks allow side access
for tank's crew).
- 3 Active Defence Systems. 1 on each side. 1 on top of the tank to defend against Air Plane's missiles that hit from above.
(Large shotgun round is fired from small gun to destroy incoming ATGM and RPG missiles).
- Forward Road Radar that searches for IEDs and anti tank mines.
(Small Radar attached at front of tank searches for metal IEDs and anti tank mines planted on the road. Warning the driver if threat is found).
That is all for now.
Here is similar tank's pictures I downloaded from Internet. Add missile pods on top of
turret. Remove Main Tank's Gun. You will see what I described above.